Below is the petition we will be seeking signatures for, please read.
We, the undersigned, demand action from the Texas Public Utilities Commission (TPUC) and State Legislature:
1. Prohibit Oncor from shutting off utility service of any Smart Meter customer who has a pending complaint filed with the TPUC.
2. Conduct energy audits and install energy effieciency programs to help save money for smart meter customers with higher usage.
3. Ensure that community leaders and consumer advocates are invited to participate in the independent investigation of Oncor smart meters to test their accuracy and to interview customers.
4. Impose an immediate moratorium on installation of smart meters until investigation is completed, and remedies implemented.
5. Charge Oncor - not ratepayers for all costs for the independent investigation, replacing any defective smart meter systems, and for upgrading and replacing smart meters during the next 20 years.
6. Reject or minimize future Oncor rate increases to control monthly energy bills for customers throughout Texas.
7. Require Oncor to notify customers immediately (by email or phone) when their monthly electricity usage goes beyond 3000 kwh.